ISSUE #42/Equipment Performance Monitoring
Staying Ahead of the Curve
Equipment monitoring can help your operation to achieve continuous improvement by
enabling you to be proactive. Having the right systems in place can be the key to
enhancing your bottom line, promoting a safer working environment and minimizing
the effects of individual problems.
Bringing Dumb Assets into the Smart Grid
Transmission assets are aging but lack the instrumentation needed to monitor asset
condition on a real-time basis. Learn how predictive asset management solutions can
- get more out of your existing data
- make effective decisions about equipment maintenance
- gain insight into the health, condition and reliability performance
When Equipment Monitoring Makes More Than Just Cents
Unplanned downtime can seriously impact your operation’s production and profitability.
Read this article to learn how mobile equipment monitoring can help you:
- identify warning signs of developing failures
- find developing problems much earlier
- use data to make informed decisions
- prevent repeated systems or equipment failures
Relating Control Performance to Business Value
Sirish L. Shah, Samidh Pareek and Christopher McNabb discuss new research by Matrikon
and the University of Alberta that links fundamental process performance metrics to
Read this article to learn more about the implications of this research to automating
process control and instrumentation maintenance effort.